ETEMO2 – Emotional Intelligence
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: ETEMO2
- Duration: Days 2
- Price per delegate: £450.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with an opportunity to fully understand what is meant by Emotional Intelligence (EI), and consists of time to explore in depth how they can improve their EI in both their personal and business lives. Emotional Intelligence is the key to both personal and professional success. Higher EI can help you communicate better, improve relationships, manage change and difficult situations, and feel generally more confident. Daniel Goleman, the well-known Author and Psychologist who put Emotional Intelligence on the business map, states that the single most important factor that distinguishes star performers in every field is Emotional Intelligence.
The course consists of exercises, discussions and a questionnaire that focus on the 4 key aspects of Emotional Intelligence: Self-awareness; Self-management; Social Awareness and Relationship Management. It also allows for self-reflection and identifying personal commitments to improve results in each of these areas.
Any professional who is committed to improving their performance and the outcomes they achieve by becoming more self-aware and building better relationships, trust and respect. This course is particularly beneficial for Leaders, Managers, and those who have responsibility for supporting others to achieve business results.
Performance Based Objectives
By the end of this course each delegate will be able to:
- Explain the meaning and background of Emotional Intelligence
- Define each of the four aspects of Emotional Intelligence:
- Social awareness
- Relationship management
- Identify individual personal skills and development areas in each aspect:
- Self-awareness: how the brain works; “fight or flight”; personal filters; physiological reactions; personal “hot spots”; belief system
- Self-management: how we behave; the choices we make; how to prevent reacting in difficult situations; creating an impact
- Social awareness: empathy v sympathy; listening skills; questioning skills; body language; tuning into the emotions of others
- Relationship management: how we interact; communication skills
- Recognise the impact of these in the workplace
- Highlight and commit to personal actions as a result of the 2 day workshop