PSPOVW – Project Sponsor – Overview
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: PSPOVW
- Duration: Days 1
- Price per delegate: £495.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
This course provides a clear definition of the role of the Project Sponsor within a project environment. It introduces participants to the role and provides an understanding of what needs to be achieved to successfully fulfil this role. Documentation for the session will be provided as part of the course. It can be tailored to meet the specific requirements of the organisation.
Performance Based Objectives
To provide participants with:
- An understanding of the role of the Project Sponsor within a project
- An appreciation of what is expected of the Project Sponsor
- An understanding of the responsibilities of the key roles within a project environment who will support the Project Sponsor in successful delivery
- The benefits of, and an understanding of, an appropriate review process to support the successful delivery of a project.
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
- Define their role as a Project Sponsor
- Identify the key areas of accountability in relation to their role
- Identify the key roles the Project Sponsor will work with to support successful project delivery
- Demonstrate the value of having an appropriate review process in place to support the Sponsor in their role.
The content of the Course will include:
- Background to the role of the Project Sponsor
- Programmes, Projects and Change
- Project Governance
- Business Case and Benefits
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Risk Management
- Planning and Resource Management
- Quality Management
- Closure and Support
- Project Reviews and how they can support the Project Sponsor in successful delivery.