PROMALC – Leadership in Project Management
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: PROMALC
- Duration: 2 Days
- Price per delegate: £895.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
This Leadership in Project Management course helps you become an effective project leader who inspires your team to deliver success. You will learn how to build a high-performing team in this workshop-style course, covering best practices and leadership tools to get the best out of your team.
Virtual or on-site classroom
Project team members, Project managers, Project Board members, or sponsors.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
By the end of this training session, you will have gained knowledge and skills to help you develop a productive, cohesive, and effective team, manage internal and external influences that affect team performance, manage conflict, and effectively continue learning and improving team working.
Once you have completed this course, you will be invited to join our PPM community on LinkedIn. In addition, hot topic sessions can be arranged covering any bespoke topics you wish to address in a more focussed workshop environment, which will enhance ongoing continual improvement.
Assessing Your Leadership Skills
- Leadership style assessment
- Styles of leadership
- How project leaders are supported
- Developing your self-awareness and social awareness
Building your team
- Understanding team behaviours (Tuckman’s model)
- Five factors for effective teams (Glaser and Glaser)
- Creating a team charter
- Effective team communication
- Effective team conflict management (Thomas Killman conflict resolution model)
- Effective team collaboration
- Fostering Agile values in teams (Trust, Empowerment, Respect, Collaboration and Transparency)
- Supporting your team
Optimizing team effectiveness
- Empowering teams
- Motivating teams
- Effective delegation and control
- Managing virtual, remote, and global teams
Monitoring risks to team performance
- Removing obstacles and protecting the team from external influences
- Assessing the impact of change on teams
- Balancing project objectives and avoiding burnout
- Managing disruptions
- Celebrating success and failure
- Building morale
- Applying "Lessons Learned"
- Encouraging autonomy and self-management in teams