LOMALR – Leading Others – Managing and Leading Remotely
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: LOMALR
- Duration: 1 Day
- Price per delegate: £395.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
Times are changing in all areas of our lives with the development of technology, and as a result of this, more of us find ourselves managing and leading a virtual team. This may be a new permanent situation, or based on external factors that we have little or no control over. Some individuals and teams adapt easily to this new way of working, others may find it more difficult. There is one certainty – what works when managing a team face to face can be very different from the skills needed when leading remotely.
This 1 day virtual session is designed to give managers and leaders the opportunity to explore the challenges, and also the benefits, of having responsibility for a team working remotely. Using virtual classroom technology, managers and leaders will have the chance to explore the theory, discuss and reflect on the reasons we feel and behave the way we do when finding ourselves working from home. The session will also focus on the specific skills and flexibility of leadership style necessary to help teams stay motivated, engaged and achieving objectives. Leaders will have time to reflect on themselves and their personal feelings, and through sharing best practice, consider how they can manage their remote team more effectively.
This current course outline is specifically tailored to allow time for sharing of thoughts, emotions and behaviours experienced during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Any professional with responsibility for managing, leading or supporting teams working remotely.
This workshop will give delegates the opportunity to:
- Identify their personal thoughts and emotions when leading a remote team
- Consider the team they lead and what support is needed to ensure teamwork, motivation and engagement
- Explore the leadership styles and behaviours that will best encourage the team and individuals
- Recognise theories and models that help understand how and when to adapt behaviour
- Review their current working methods
- Develop strategies to help achieve more positive results
- Create a Personal Action Plan
How the brain works?
- What are our current feelings and emotions?
- How the brain works
- Why we focus on the negative
Leading through Change:
- Typical emotions and behaviours when dealing with Change
- Where are we, and our teams, currently?
- Actions to support ourselves and lead others through Change
Leading with Emotional Intelligence:
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- How does this differ when working remotely?
- Importance of Emotional Intelligence as a leader
- Different leadership styles and when these are most effective
- Personal preferred style and impact on others
- Most effective leadership styles when working remotely
Leading an effective team:
- Managing the team as a whole, and each individual in the team
- Setting goals, objectives and timescales
- Creating and supporting a highly effective team
Developing resilience in the team:
- Different types of Mental Health challenges
- The impact of Stress on individuals and the team
- Developing Resilience in the team
- Role of the Leader is supporting the team
Communicating with your team in a Virtual World:
- How we communicate
- Using tone and language to create an impact
- Communicating by email – best practice
- Setting expectations and standards for the team
Working as a team:
- Exercises to build relationships and encourage teamwork
Looking after yourself:
- Strategies for looking after yourself
Personal Action Plan:
- Personal realisations and actions as a result of attending the session