ETSSAM – Attendance Management
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: ETSSAM
- Duration: Days 1
- Price per delegate: £395.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
Everyone at work will probably need to take sick leave at some point during their working lives and in most cases this lasts only a few days. But long-term sickness absence can have devastating effects on the performance of your business and the health and well-being of your employees.
CBI statistics show considerable sickness absence costs:
- Costs UK companies over £12 billion a year
- £495 a year in direct costs for every worker employed. Indirect costs are considerably more.
This need not be the case. Considerable benefits can delivered from working in partnership with your employees and their Trade Union representatives when you manage sickness absence and return to work. In particular:
- Improved business performance
- Retention of valued staff
- Safe and healthy workplaces
- Better workplace relations
In managing sickness absence you can work towards a culture that encourages attendance.
Instructor led and group paced.
By the end of today delegates will be able to:
- Explain the organisation's Policy & Procedure
- Recognise the organisational and individual benefits of the Policy & Procedure
- Identify areas of responsibility as defined by the Policy & Procedure
- Demonstrate the skills required to consistently apply the Policy & Procedure
- Identify ways to tackle the underlying causes of absence
Why manage absence? It is important in the first instance to recognise why we should manage attendance at work.
Who is responsible for absence? Through group work and discussion, this session will identify the different individuals who are involved with this process and what their responsibilities are. Although a seemingly simple task, confusion can often arise where there are misunderstandings in terms of who does what. This will ensure that your sickness absence will be managed when it happens.
It is vital that absences are recorded and reported. Here we will explore the procedures required to ensure that this is done timely and accurately. This means you will be effectively monitoring and measuring your absences whilst gaining understanding into the main reasons for them.
Both short-term and long-term absence will have an impact on the business. They equally need to be managed but in different ways. Here we will devote time through case studies and discussion to establish clear the clear differences between the two. In this session, participants will be given the opportunity to practice key skills of questioning, listening and problem solving.
We will then identify ways to tackle the underlying causes of absence. In recognising these causes, you can take proactive steps to reduce the likelihood of absenteeism and start to develop a culture that encourages attendance.
Action planning. Participants will be encouraged to commit to actions that they can put into practice back in the workplace.