ETNTDGR – Effective Note Taking in Discipline and Grievance Hearings
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: ETNTDGR
- Duration: 1 Day
- Price per delegate: £195.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
Taking an accurate minute of a formal discipline or grievance hearing is essential. Mistakes can lead to escalation of disputes, misunderstanding and/or the loss of an Employment Tribunal.
Those who may be requested to take the minutes of discipline or grievance hearings at work.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
By the end of this programme, each delegate will be able to:
- Outline the essential content of a formal minute of a discipline or grievance hearing
- Explain why accurate note taking is required.
- Describe some basic shortcuts to assist when taking notes
- Understand the importance of preparation before the meeting
- Understand the principles of Active Listening
- The ACAS Code of Practice on Discipline and Grievance
- How to conduct a formal meeting with an employee
- Essentials of a discipline or grievance minute
- Shortcuts when taking notes
- Active Listening
- The Importance of review and write up
- Note taking in other formal meetings with staff.