The Better Business Cases™ (BBC) approach is structured around the UK Five Case Model, which provides a disciplined, step by step approach to the development of a robust investment proposal.
Each participant is provided with a solid Foundation in BBC concepts.
Our courses are based on the 2016 edition of Better Business Cases and the associated International Guide to the Project Business Case. Better Business Cases now also provides guidance on developing programme Business Cases, which we have enhanced using our deep knowledge of programme management and the MSP programme management method.
Sole Supplier to the Scottish Government
This course is targeted at anyone involved with, or responsible for, a project to recognise the work that is needed to prove a case for investment. Typical positions held by course delegates include:
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs)
- Programme Directors and Project Managers
- Directors of Finance
- Members of the Management Board, with strategic responsibility for approving proposals throughout their life span.
There are no prerequisites for the Better Business Cases Foundation course, however experience of business cases would prove valuable.
The Foundation Course will enable delegates to obtain a deeper knowledge of:
- The philosophy and underlying rationale of the Five Case Model, as well as the structure and key terminology of the model
- The different types of business case, their purpose, who is responsible for them and when they are required in the development of a spending proposal
- The development of the business case in relation to other recognized and recommended best practice for programme and project management
- Approaches to implementation and the factors to consider in sustaining progress
- Delegates will be fully prepared for the Foundation exam.
The Foundation Course covers:
- The terms and concepts relating to the Five Case Model
- How the Strategic Case is developed; the steps and the responsibilities involved
- How the Economic Case is developed; the steps and the responsibilities involved
- The terms and concepts of the Commercial Case
- The terms and concepts of the Financial Case
- The terms and concepts of the Management Case
- Purpose of the key stages in the development and delivery of a spending proposal
- Purpose of a Strategic Outline Programme Case and in what circumstances it should be considered
- Purpose of a Business Justification Case and in what circumstances it should be considered
- Purpose of a Strategic Outline Case
- Purpose of an Outline Business Case
- Purpose of a Full Business Case
- Responsibilities for the business planning process
- Relationship with best practice programme and project management methodologies
- Relationship between policies, strategies, programmes and projects and their deliverables.
The Better Business Cases Foundation Exam is a 40 minute closed book multiple choice exam. Test candidates must succesfully answer 25 of the 50 questions correctly to pass.
Dates & Locations
|Virtual Class||12/09/22 9:30||2 Days||£795.00|