10968 – Designing for Office 365® Infrastructure
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: 10968
- Duration: 3 Days
- Price per delegate: £750.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
About this course
- Lecture/Lab. Part One is the training phase of the course and consists of six modules. Each module has an associated paper-based lab that is based on an actual, real-world Office 365 deployment involving a medium-sized enterprise organization. The aim of the scenario is to confirm that students have learned the concepts from the modules.
- Case Study. Part Two is the testing phase and consists of a different scenario based on another real-world deployment, this time involving a large enterprise deployment. During the case study, students will work in groups to create a design solution for the organization that is based on the information provided in the scenario and gained from interviewing the instructor, who will role-play the part of the customer. Each group will then present its design to the remainder of the class.
- Is an enterprise architect, IT consultant or IT professional that has already planned and implemented Office 365 in a large corporate environment.
- Has hands-on experience with Office 365
- Wants to know the design factors behind Microsoft’s new FastTrack approach to deploying Office 365 through rapid piloting of Office 365, followed by the Deploy and Enhance phases.
At course completion
- Describe the Office 365 FastTrack deployment methodology
- Identify the benefits of the FastTrack approach compared to the current deployment process.
- Plan the Pilot phase of the FastTrack deployment process.
- Plan the Deploy phase to ensure this phase commences correctly.
- Plan the optional sections of the Enhance phase, depending on the customer’s requirements.
Course OutlineModule 1: The Office 365 Deployment ChallengeThis module reviews the features of Office 365 and identifies recent improvements to the service. You then identify the Office 365 Deployment Challenge and list the benefits of the FastTrack approach compared to the traditional Plan-Prepare-Migrate deployment process.Lessons
- Reviewing Office 365
- Introducing the FastTrack Deployment Methodology
- Getting to the Pilot
Lab : Introducing the FastTrack Deployment Methodology
- Describe the components of the Office 365 service
- Identify the differences between the old and the new deployment processes
- List the initial requirements that need to be met prior to starting the pilot phase
Module 2: Planning the Pilot Phase
- Overview of the Pilot Phase
- Identifying Environmental and Software Prerequisites
- Planning for Pilot Users
- Planning for Team Collaboration
Lab : Planning the Pilot Phase
- Provide an overview of the process and planning factors within the Pilot Phase
- Ensure that the customer environment meets the prerequisites for the Pilot
- Identify the factors that are important when selecting users to be part of the Pilot
- Plan to connect Office 365 to pilot users’ existing email
- Plan to provide team collaboration sites in SharePoint Online
Module 3: Planning the Deploy Phase - Part 1In this module, you transition from the Pilot Phase to the Deploy Phase and start creating the design for bringing users into Office 365 permanently. You plan out this migration and identify the design factors that indicate which approach you should take to bring your customer’s organization onto the cloud platform. This module covers the first parts of the Deploy Phase, such as domain and user identity mapping, which form the basis for the additional planning in the next module.Lessons
- Overview of the Deploy Phase
- Planning Service Selection
- Planning Networking and Domains
- Planning User Management
Lab : Planning the Deploy Phase (Part 1)
- Explain the process and planning factors within the Deploy Phase
- Identify the planning decisions that need to select the correct mix of Office 365 services for the customer
- Plan domains for Office 365
- Plan how user accounts and identities will be managed
Module 4: Planning the Deploy Phase – Part 2
- Planning Email Migration
- Planning SharePoint Site Collections and sites
- Planning Lync Online
- Planning Office 365 ProPlus Deployment
Lab : Planning Office 365 ProPlus Deployment
- Plan the migration of user email accounts and mail data to Office 365
- Plan the setting up of SharePoint Site Collections and Groups in Office 365
- Plan to introduce Lync Online
- Plan to deploy Office 365 ProPlus to users
Module 5: Planning the Enhance Phase – Part 1Now that you have completed planning the Deploy Phase, you may find that your customer now has all the facilities they need from Office 365 and does not want to deploy any further functionality. However, it is more likely that the success of the Office 365 Pilot and Deploy phases will lead to calls for greater integration with the cloud-based platform. In particular, the Enhance Phase delivers two key benefits that larger organizations are likely to want, which are single sign-on and hybrid Exchange Server operation. This module covers both these areas.Lessons
- Overview of the Enhance Phase
- Planning Single Sign-On
- Planning Hybrid Exchange Deployments
Lab : Planning the Enhance Phase (Part 1)
- Review the process and planning factors within the Enhance Phase
- Plan to implement single sign-on with Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)
- Plan for long-term coexistence with Exchange Hybrid deployment
Module 6: Planning the Enhance Phase – Part 2
- Planning Exchange Online Protection
- Planning SharePoint Online Customization
- Planning Hybrid SharePoint Implementations
Lab : Planning the Enhance Phase (Part 2)
- Plan to integrate Exchange Online Protection.
- Plan for customization of SharePoint Online.
- Plan SharePoint Online hybrid deployments alongside SharePoint on-premises.
Module 7: Case Study
Lab : Case Study
- Test their ability to create and present a complete FastTrack design plan for an organization.