MYAARW – Managing Yourself as a Remote Worker
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: MYAARW
- Duration: 1 Day
- Price per delegate: £295.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
Times are changing in all areas of our lives with the development of technology, and as a result of this, more of us are finding ourselves part of a virtual team. This may be a new permanent situation, or based on external factors that we have little or no control over. Some of us adapt easily to this new way of working, others may find it more of a challenge .
This 1 day virtual session is designed to give individuals, leaders or teams the opportunity to explore the impact for them, and for others, of becoming a remote worker. Using virtual classroom technology, those who attend will have the chance to explore the theory, discuss and reflect on the reasons we feel and behave the way we do when finding ourselves working remotely. This self-reflection and opportunity to share best practice will allow each individual to manage themselves more effectively when faced with working virtually.
This current course outline is specifically tailored to allow time for sharing of thoughts and emotions during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Any professional currently, or facing a situation, where they will be working remotely.
Those leading, or interacting with, Virtual teams.
This workshop will give delegates the opportunity to:
- Identify their personal thoughts and emotions when working remotely
- Explore the impact these have on the way they behave
- Recognise theories and models that help understand why they behave differently
- Review their current working methods
- Develop strategies to help achieve more positive results
- Create a Personal Action Plan
How the brain works?
- What are our current feelings and emotions?
- How the brain works
- Why we focus on the negative
The Change Curve
- Typical emotions and behaviours when dealing with Change
- Actions to support ourselves and others when experiencing Change
Our Daily Routine
- The importance of creating routine
- Our differing needs
- Sharing best practice
- Our personal situations
Mental Health, Stress and Resilience
- Different types of Mental Health challenges
- The impact of Stress
- Growing Resilience
Communicating in a Virtual World
- How we communicate
- Using tone and language to create an impact
- Communicating by email – best practice
Ensuring Emotional Intelligence
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- How does this differ when working remotely?
- Developing our Emotional Intelligence
- Exercises and approaches in Mindfulness
Personal Action Plan
- Personal realisations and actions as a result of attending the session