LSSYB – Lean Sigma – The Yellow Belt
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: LSSYB
- Duration: Days 2
- Price per delegate: £995.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
Lean Sigma is deployed in many industries to drive significant improvements within organisations; this is the combination of two different approaches Lean and Six Sigma. In recent years they have been combined to produce a dynamic approach which can be applied practically in any company. Both methodologies were originally developed in the manufacturing industry, and combined they offer an approach which is practical and delivers powerful business results. The transition to other industries has been a success and it is arguable that the benefits have been more significant.
The Yellow Belt course is an action packed 2 days where attendees will learn essential Lean Sigma change techniques which can be applied on day to day basis back in the work place.
The course is designed for those who work in a business role and would like to make improvements to their day to day processes or for business analysts who would like to learn practical skills which will help them in their project work.
To get the most out of the course you should work for a company which endorses continuous improvement and a manager which will support you in delivering changes which will benefit the organisation.
There is a balanced mix of learning styles utilised in the course ensuring all attendees have the opportunity to learn in a way they find easiest.
The training centres on a simulation of a very badly run process, you get to experience the chaos this can bring as well as the poor results. You then learn the skills to improve the process using Lean Sigma techniques, as well as some of the softer skills needed and you will lead the improvements.
Performance Based Objectives
- Facilitate workshops
- Process Map
- Identify opportunity to remove waste from processes
- Use data to measure performance & identify hotspots
- Increased understanding of managing different types of Stakeholders
- Implement sustainable improvements
- Understand the DMAIC approach (DMAIC is the approach used by Black Belts to deliver projects)
- Have awareness of the impact of change on people
- Have increased self awareness
- Deliver ongoing improvements
- Lean Sigma awareness
- DMAIC walk through
- 1st simulation exercise
- Building an improvement team
- Voice of the Customer
- Defining a business problem
- Creating an end to end view of process
- Process Mapping
- Data Collection
- Stream lining processes
- Quick Wins how to identify, importance of them & how to implement
- 2nd simulation exercise implement quick wins & collate data
- Identifying and understanding trends
- Common and special cause variation
- Using data to understand customer experience
- Focusing on the issues which are causing the most pain
- Cause & Effect analysis
- Idea generation
- Evaluating ideas
- Design strong processes
- Solution implementation
- 3rd simulation exercise deliver improvements
- Controlling the process on an ongoing basis