JUN-IJOS – Introduction to the Junos Operating System
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: JUN-IJOS
- Duration: Days 1
- Price per delegate: £595.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
This one-day course provides students with the foundational knowledge required to work with the Junos operating system and to configure Junos devices.
The course provides a brief overview of the Junos device families and discusses the key architectural components of the software. Key topics include user interface options with a heavy focus on the command-line interface (CLI), configuration tasks typically associated with the initial setup of devices, interface configuration basics with configuration examples, secondary system configuration, and the basics of operational monitoring and maintenance of Junos devices.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring basic device operations.
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the basic design architecture of the Junos OS.
- Identify and provide a brief overview of Junos devices.
- Navigate within the Junos CLI.
- Perform tasks within the CLI operational and configuration modes.
- Restore a Junos device to its factory-default state.
- Perform initial configuration tasks.
- Configure and monitor network interfaces.
- Describe user configuration and authentication options.
- Perform secondary configuration tasks for features and services such as system logging (syslog) and tracing, Network Time Protocol (NTP), configuration archival, and SNMP.
- Monitor basic operation for the Junos OS and devices.
- Identify and use network utilities.
- Upgrade the Junos OS.
- Perform file system maintenance and password recovery on a Junos device.
- Navigate within the Junos J-Web interface.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Junos Operating System Fundamentals
The Junos OS
Platforms Running the Junos OS
Chapter 3: User Interface Options
User Interface Options
The Junos CLI: CLI Basics
The Junos CLI: Operational Mode
The Junos CLI: Configuration Mode
Lab 1: The Junos CLI
Chapter 4: Initial Configuration
Lab 2: Initial System Configuration
Chapter 5: Secondary System Configuration
User Configuration and Authentication
System Logging and Tracing
Network Time Protocol
Lab 3: Secondary System Configuration
Chapter 6: Operational Monitoring and Maintenance
Monitoring Platform and Interface Operation
Maintaining the Junos OS
Lab 4: Operational Monitoring and Maintenance
Appendix A: Interface Configuration Examples
Review of the Interface Configuration Hierarchy
Interface Configuration Examples
Using Configuration Groups
Appendix B: The J-Web Interface
The J-Web GUI
Lab 5 (Optional): The J-Web Interface