ETEQD – Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: ETEQD
- Duration: Half Day
- Price per delegate: £295.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
Equality and Diversity are about treating people fairly, no matter what their differences are. It’s making sure everyone feels included, that no one experiences discrimination or prejudice. We all have a duty to treat one other with respect, and as organisations, have a responsibility to ensure that we promote Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion in every aspect of our operation – both internally and externally.
This course can be tailored to fit with your organisation’s Equality and Diversity policy and procedures and will focus on the key areas to support individuals, teams, and the organisation as a whole to develop and implement their Equality and Diversity strategy.
This 3-hour session will not only share legislation, duties, and acts relating to Equality and Diversity but through discussions and exercises allow those who attend to bring the topic to life, sharing examples and perspectives on areas that once may have been taboo. Individuals will leave the session with personal actions based on what they feel they can do to minimise discrimination and injustice in their personal and business lives.
Instructor-Led (in the class or virtual).
By the end of this training, you should be better able to:
- Explain the meaning of equality and diversity, and recognise employer and employee duties in relation to equality and diversity, and inclusion
- List the Nine Protected Characteristics within the Equality Act and identify legislation that supports these
- Define how your organisation currently supports equality and diversity, and explore aspirations for future development
- Recognise Unconscious Bias – how and when it occurs and how to mitigate any impact
- Create a Personal Action Plan, recognising individual and organisational responsibilities
- What is Equality and Diversity, and what does this mean for my organization?
- What legislation supports Equality and Diversity, and where does this fit with the company’s vision, strategy, and objectives?
- What practices currently exist to support this vision?
- How do Equality and Diversity impact me as an individual and employee?
- What is Unconscious Bias, and how does it occur?
- What are the consequences of Unconscious Bias, and how can we mitigate them to ensure there are no adverse outcomes?
- Personal Action Plan