M-MS301 – Deploying SharePoint Server Hybrid
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: M-MS301
- Duration: 5 Days
- Price per delegate: £TBC +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
SharePoint Server 2019 is designed to meet the demands of modern workstyles. It provides the new modern experiences for users, that are both intuitive and familiar in SharePoint Online. In this course you will learn how to deploy and configure the SharePoint Server 2019. We will also discuss how to plan and configure SharePoint on premise authentication and security to protect the environment. You will also learn how to manage SharePoint content to align with modern information architecture.
The business climate has changed. People want to communicate without collaborative barriers. Businesses want solutions that are both cost-effective and flexible. A hybrid environment enables enterprise users to be connected from almost anywhere to the resources and content they need. In this course you will learn how to plan and implement SharePoint hybrid scenarios which provide seamless users experience. We will also further discuss SharePoint hybrid search which gives users easy access to the files they need.
In this course you will learn how to plan the content migration process as well as available resources and tools to use while migrating content to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business. Specifically, this course covers how to use SharePoint Migration Assessment Tool (SMAT) and SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT) with different migration scenarios.
This course is designed for IT Professionals who deploy and manage the teamwork infrastructure in their organization. This Microsoft 365 teamwork administrator role is responsible for configuring, deploying, and managing Office 365 and Azure workloads that focus on efficient and effective collaboration and adoption. They manage apps, services, and supporting infrastructure to meet business requirements. The administrator is aware of and can differentiate between products and services but may not directly manage each product or service.
The Teamwork administrator must be able to deploy, manage, migrate, and secure SharePoint (online, on-premises, and hybrid), OneDrive, and Teams.
Delegates who wish to attend the MS301 course should already having the following skills:
- Experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Basic understanding of SQL Server management.
- Basic understanding of networking, including DNS.
- Working knowledge of windows server administration.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Basic understanding of mobile device management, and alternative operating systems (Android and macOS).
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the MinRole feature in SharePoint 2019
- Describe how to install and configure SharePoint 2019.
- Describe how to implement high availability for SharePoint
- Describe the authentication infrastructure in SharePoint 2019.
- Explain the concepts behind federated identity.
- Describe how to create site collections.
- Describe how to plan for authorization in SharePoint 2019.
- Provision a BDC Service Application instance.
- Configure the Secure Store Service application.
- Describe how to configure My Sites in SharePoint 2019.
- Describe how to configure the User Profile Service Application.
- Describe how to plan SharePoint Active Directory import and synchronization.
- Explain how to create and publish a content type across site collections.
- Identify the capabilities of the managed metadata service.
- Configure term sets and terms for managed navigation.
- Describe the function of search components.
- Explain how to plan and configure a search topology.
- Describe how to configure search center.
- Describe the available SharePoint Hybrid Scenarios.
- Describe the requirements for SharePoint hybrid configuration.
- Plan for SharePoint Server hybrid.
- Configure SharePoint hybrid scenarios.
- Configure on-premises data gateway.
- Describe difference between cloud hybrid search and hybrid federated search.
- Evaluate different types of hybrid search.
- Configure cloud hybrid search.
- Configure hybrid search results.
- Plan for content migration process.
- Describe available resources and tools to leverage during migration process.
- Access data to be migrated using SharePoint Migration Assessment Tool (SMAT).
- Migrate content to the cloud using SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT).
- Manage and monitor migration process.
Module 1 - SharePoint Infrastructure
This module is about fundamental SharePoint Infrastructure. It describes the components in SharePoint farm. It also discusses how to install and configure SharePoint farm.
Module 2 - SharePoint Authentication and Security
This module is about SharePoint Authentication and Security. It introduces different authentication methods in SharePoint 2019.
Module 3 - SharePoint Content Management
This module is about SharePoint Content Management. It discusses the content structure in SharePoint. It also provides details on authorization and content access in SharePoint.
Module 4 - Course Conclusion
Module 5 - SharePoint Service Applications
This module is all about SharePoint service applications and workflow. It describes how to provision and manage a BCS service application and User Profile service application. Specifically, we discuss how to import and export BDC models as well as how to import user properties to SharePoint.
Module 6 - Plan and configure Managed Metadata
This module is about the integral functionalities, such as the Managed Metadata Service, content types, and term sets, that allow you to create and disseminate an information architecture. It introduces the purpose of content types as well as the concepts behind the managed metadata
Module 7 - Plan and Configure Search
This module is about enterprise search service application. It provides details on planning and configuring content sources, crawl schedules, and crawl rules. It also discusses how to provision search management of a range of search components, such as Query Rules, Result Types and Display Templates.
Module 8 - Course Conclusion
Module 9 - Overview of SharePoint Hybrid Scenarios
This module is all about planning SharePoint Server hybrid. It provides an overview of SharePoint hybrid scenarios as well as requirements for configuration.
Module 10 - Implement SharePoint Hybrid Scenarios
This module is focused on implementing SharePoint hybrid scenarios. Specifically, it discusses the hybrid configuration roadmaps, including the configuration of hybrid
Module 11 - Implement SharePoint Hybrid search
This module is focused on SharePoint hybrid search. It introduces different types of hybrid search, including cloud hybrid search and hybrid federated search. It explains how to set up hybrid search and configure search results.
Module 12 - Course Conclusion
Module 13 - Introduction of Migration
This module is all about planning the migration process to the cloud. It provides an overview of resources and tools to leverage during migration process.
Module 14 - Migrating to SharePoint Online
This module is focused on using SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT) to migrate content to the cloud. Specifically, it discusses the requirement and limitation of SPMT. It introduces different migration methods for different data sources, such as file shares and SharePoint content.
Module 15 - Course Conclusion