APMGCMFP – Change Management Foundation & Practitioner
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: APMGCMFP
- Duration: 5 Days
- Price per delegate: £1,695.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
This course focuses on the practical aspects of effective change management as it relates to change and the individual, change and the organization, communications and stakeholder engagement and change management practice. This is an intense course that involves both pre-course and evening study during the course. The course is entirely complementary to formal portfolio, programme and project management approaches (such as MOP®, MSP®, and PRINCE2®) but knowledge of these approaches is not a pre-requisite for attendance.
Through study of selected sections of The Effective Change Manager's Handbook the course provides a practical and informative pathway of understanding through the maze of principles, theories and the practice of change management. It gives a solid platform for clear best practice thinking and the application of a range of proven change management tools and techniques for achieving successful change.
All delegates enrolled on virtual course bookings receive a hard copy of course materials sent to a preferred postal address.
The APMG International Change Management and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
Sole Supplier to the Scottish Government
Some previous experience of change management or programme/project management would be useful but is not essential. There is some recommended pre-course reading and preparation together with evening work during the course.
Performance Based Objectives
By attending this course, you will:
- Achieve an internationally recognised APMG-International qualification
- Learn from the experts, all of whom, are experienced change management practitioners
- Gain a clear, practical understanding of the implications and impacts of change on people and organizations
- Gain knowledge and understanding of how to support people through change.
This Foundation and Practitioner level course focuses on the basic and advanced elements from 4 main areas: Change and the individual, change and the organisation, Communications and stakeholder engagement and Change Management Practice.
Change and the Indiviual
- Stages of Kubler-Ross' "change curve"
- Planning for transition
- Maslow's hierarchy of needs
- Satisfaction and growth
- Types of individual (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator)
- The roots of learning theory
- Learning Process and learning styles
- Training planning
Change and the Organisation
- How we think about organisations: Morgan's metaphors
- Model of the change process, including Kotter, Senge, Lewin
- Key roles in organisational change
- What we mean by "organisational change"
- Emergent change: complex adaptive and complex responsive systems
- Drivers of change
- Developing vision
- Understanding the project environment
Communications and Stakeholder Engagement
- Techniques for stakeholder identification, mapping and segmentation
- Managing relationships and mobilising stakeholders
- Effective communication including two-way communication and cognitive biases
- Communicating change including use of symbols and metaphors
- Lean and rich communication channels
- Developing a communication strategy
- Facilitation techniques
Change Management Practice
- Identifying change impacts
- Increasing motivation to change
- Preparing for resistance
- Levers (e.g carrot and stick)
- Reinforcing systems: Vicious and Virtuous circles
- Building team effectiveness
This is the 5 day Foundation and Practitioner course and is a mixture of input and practical sessions teaching to both the 'Foundation' and 'Practitioner' APMG Syllabus levels, delivered by an APMG approved trainer with practical experience of change management. The course prepares delegates for and incorporates both the Foundation and Practitioner exams and includes additional focus on the application of the method using Practitioner-level tasks and 'objective test' style exam questions.
Delegates should spend approximately 4-6 hours studying the pre-course material to be well prepared for the course.
Approach & Exams
The purpose of the Foundation certification is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Process Iceberg® Facilitation Methodology to be able to facilitate effectively supporting events, workshops and meetings in the context of: projects, business analysis, change, operational effectiveness and business process improvement.
What examinations are taken on the course?
- Foundation Exam: 40 minutes, closed book, 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Practitioner Exam: 2.5 hours, open book, 4 scenario-based objective test questions.