This clinic provides students with an overview of the benefits and how to deploy, manage, and administer Active Directory. Students will learn the key concepts and value of Active Directory including the fundamentals and best practices.
Prerequisites: Before attending this course, students must have:
- Either MCSE certification on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, or MCSA certification on Windows 2000, or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Module 1: Introduction to Active Directory
In this Module, you will be introduced to the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family of products and you will gain an understanding of the core improvements made to the products. The Module is also designed to give you core knowledge of what Active Directory technologies are, as well as information on the complementary technologies such as the Domain Name System (DNS), Group Policy, and Microsoft IntelliMirror.
- Active Directory Basics
- Creating the Organization
- Lab A: Creating the Organization
Module 2: Group Policy
This Module introduces you to Group Policy Objects (GPOs). You will see that GPOs can be used to control a wide variety of features and functions on almost any computer in the domain; including security, the user environment, and applications. You will also see how delegation of control can help you define which administrators are allowed to create and manage GPOs.
- Introduction to Group Policy
- Using Group Policy for Group Control
- Lab A: Controlling the User Environment
Module 3: Advanced Active Directory Tasks
This Module introduces you to a few of the administrative tasks performed in most organizations that can be made easier with Active Directory.
- Delegation and Custom MMCs
- File Server Management
- Lab A: Additional Management Tasks
Module 4: Microsoft Resources and Training Options
Microsoft offers many resources to assist you in migrating to Windows Server 2003. They include Web resources, project guides, and instructor-led training.
- Windows Server 2003 Family
- Windows NT 4.0 Upgrade
- Novell Migration Strategies
- Microsoft Training Courses