ETCCOM – Crisis Communication
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: ETCCOM
- Duration: Days 1
- Price per delegate: £295.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
In communications terms there should be no such thing as a crisis! Because your planning has anticipated what might happen and has already worked out in advance how to handle it. Whether it's the sort of catastrophic event that affects your organisation's operations or simply something unforeseen such as employee misbehaviour or customer dissatisfaction.
This course will help you understand what constitutes a crisis and why is it important; how a badly handled crisis can put your organisation out of business; the importance of effective planning, identifying the right people to manage the crisis and the importance of the correct training and rehearsal.
The course will also look at the difference between crisis handling and business continuity and how the crisis management team and the business continuity team can liaise effectively.
Knowledge and understanding of public relations and communications. Some experience in dealing with the media.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery with structured hands-on activities.
By the end of the day, delegates will have a clear understanding of how to plan and rehearse their crisis communication.
- Understanding the risks of a badly managed crisis and how a badly handled crisis can put your organisation out of business
- Embracing a crisis communication strategy to mitigate reputational risk
- Effectively planning and identifying the right people to manage the crisis and the importance of the correct training and rehearsal
- Managing the media, the challenges of 24/7 news delivery and how will the media respond
- Leveraging social media as an effective communication tool internally and externally