PBPMORF – Management of Risk (MoR) – Foundation
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: PBPMORF
- Duration: 3 Days
- Price per delegate: £1,295.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
M_o_R is recognised internationally as the best practice approach to managing risk. It is used globally by hundreds of large and small organisations throughout the private and public sectors to improve the way in which they manage threats and uncertainties across all aspects of their business.
The robust and flexible framework allows organisations to accurately assess risk to bring about better and more pro-active decision making and improved strategic planning through an in-depth understanding of risks and their likely impact. Using the framework, organisations are able to reduce the size of possible threats and/or increase the size of potential opportunities.
The systematic approach helps organisations to apply the required principles, approach and processes towards the tasks of identifying, estimating and evaluating risks, and then planning and implementing risk responses.
The combined M_o_R Foundation & Practitioner course starts with an introduction to the M_o_R framework before moving on to looking at how the principles and techniques can be are applied in the real world.
All delegates enrolled on virtual course bookings receive a hard copy of course materials sent to a preferred postal address.
- Business Change & Risk Managers
- Programme & Project Managers/Support Staff
- Those responsible for establishing standards & integration with MSP & PRINCE2
- Those who require a controlled approach to identifying, analysing and managing risk at strategic, programme, project and operational perspectives
Benefits to the individual
- Master the M_o_R method
- Manage complex change better
- Develop joined up risk processes
- Less time spent fire fighting and fewer unwelcome surprises
Benefits to the business
- Fewer uncertainties result in improved service delivery
- More effective management of change and a greater chance of change initiatives being successful
- Reduced waste and better value for money leads to a greater competitive advantage
- Better basis for strategy setting
- Increased innovation
There are no pre-requisites for this course. There is approximately five to eight hours of pre-course reading and two hours of homework per night during the course. This is necessary in order to pass the exam.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
The objective of the Foundation course is for delegates to understand the key principles and terminology within the M_o_R guidance. The course and exam are based on a case study featuring a large organisation facing major strategic change.
For a given scenario, successful delegates will be able to apply and tailor the following when implementing risk management throughout an organisation or updating the current risk management practices:
- M_o_R framework
- M_o_R principles
- M_o_R approach documents
- M_o_R process steps
- Methods for embedding and reviewing risk management
- M_o_R framework elements at each perspective
- M_o_R process techniques
The Foundation course covers:
- Terms and concepts relating to M_o_R, its approach, perspectives and the actions needed for effective risk management implementation
- Understand how the M_o_R framework is used and to be able to use it when implementing risk management throughout an organisation or updating the current risk management practices
- Terms and concepts relating to the M_o_R principles
- Understand how the M_o_R principles are used and the main mechanisms, e.g. appetite, capacity, tolerance, EWI, KPI etc, that support them
- How to apply the relevant M_o_R principles when implementing risk management throughout an organisation or updating the current risk management practices
- Terms and concepts relating to the M_o_R approach documents
- Understand the contents of the M_o_R approach documents, how the approach documents relate to the principles and how they are applied throughout the M_o_R framework
- Terms and concepts of the M_o_R process
- Understand how the M_o_R process steps are used to identify, assess and control risk
Embedding and Reviewing
- Terms and concepts relating to embedding and reviewing of risk management into the culture of an organisation
- Understand the need for integrating risk management into the culture of an organisation
- How to apply and tailor the techniques for embedding and reviewing risk management when implementing or updating risk management
- Terms and concepts of the M_o_R perspectives and understand how they are used
- How to apply and tailor the M_o_R framework to organisational perspectives when implementing or updating risk management
- How to identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of the M_o_R framework elements at each perspective
- Terms and concepts of the M_o_R techniques and understand how they are used
M_o_R Risk Specialisms
- Terms and concepts of the M_o_R risk specialisms and understand how they are used
The 45 minute Foundation level exam consists of 45 multiple choice questions and the pass mark is 23/45 or 50%. This is a closed book exam i.e. entrants may not refer to any course materials or their own notes. It is necessary to pass this exam in order to proceed to M_o_R Practitioner level.
* Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners (the Management of Risk 'guide') published by TSO and the APMG guidance document; ABC Guide Part A Example Techniques.