MSPO – Managing Successful Programmes® Overview
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: MSPO
- Duration: Days 2
- Price per delegate: £995.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
All organisations and companies undergo continuous change and improvement as a natural process. Programmes represent major change. They are typically complex, difficult and carry substantial risk. Programme Management provides a framework for managing such change. It provides a sound basis for managing collections of related projects that deliver change and benefits to the business.
Programmes involve many parts of an enterprise and can consume a great deal of valuable resources. The impact of not managing them successfully could be considerable. Programmes require effective management to be successful.
This course will give delegates a sound understanding of the principles of effective and successful Programme Management.
Programme Managers, Senior Responsible Owners, those managers involved in Business Change, Programme Support staff, Project Managers who will undertake roles in Programmes and all staff seeking to learn more about Programme Management.
To provide delegates with a practical understanding of the MSP approach to Programme Management (as documented in the Managing Successful Programmes framework).
This course will enable delegates to:
- Explain the role of programmes in delivering business change.
- Describe the relationship between the MSP Principles, Transformational Flow and Governance Themes.
- Describe the purpose and the correct sequence of processes in the Transformational Flow.
- Describe the overall responsibilities of the programme team.
- Define the fundamental importance of the Governance Themes.
- Apply the MSP Governance Themes to the activities of the Transformational Flow.
- Explain the MSP Principles as applied to the Governance Themes and Transformational Flow.
- Introduction to Programme Management & MSP
- Programme Organisation including Programme Office
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Benefits Management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Business case
- Programme planning & control
- Risk and Issue Management
- Quality and Assurance Management
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering the Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Closing a Programme