All organisations and companies undergo continuous change and improvement as a natural process. The main vehicle for delivering change is the project. However there is a limit to what one project can achieve and major change may often only be delivered through a collection of related projects, i.e. a Programme.
Programmes are complex, difficult and carry substantial risk. They involve many parts of an enterprise and a great deal of valuable resources. The impact of not managing them successfully could be considerable. Programmes require effective management to be successful. Programme Management provides a proven framework for managing collections of related projects that deliver benefits to the business.
This course will give delegates a sound understanding of the principles and practice of successful Programme Management and prepare delegates for the MSP Foundation examination.
This exam is included at the end of the course. This is a 40 minute, 50 question multiple-choice examination (closed book).
Programme Managers, Senior Responsible Owners, those managers involved in Business Change, Programme Support staff, Project Managers who will undertake roles in Programmes and all staff seeking a professional qualification in Programme Management.
Delegates should have a good appreciation of the principles and sound practical experience of Project Management, ideally utilising a recognised structured methodology. It would be helpful if they have some knowledge and/or experience of strategic or business planning.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
To provide delegates with a good understanding of the OGC (Office of Government and Commerce) approach to Programme Management (as per their publication, Managing Successful Programmes 2007 edition). In addition, it will help to prepare delegates for the MSP Foundation examination.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Explain the need for programme management.
- Explain the role of programmes in delivering business change.
- Describe programme management and its environment.
- Describe the relationship between the Transformational Flow and the Themes.
- Describe the inputs, outputs and purpose together with the correct sequence of processes in the Transformational Flow.
- Describe the overall responsibilities of the programme team.
- Define the fundamental importance of the Governance Themes.
- Introduction to Programme Management
- Introduction to Managing Successful Programmes
- The Transformational Flow
- Organisation and Programme Office
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Benefits Realisation Management
- Business Case
- Programme Planning & Control
- Issue Management & Risk Management
Sole Supplier to the Scottish Government
Dates & Locations
|Edinburgh||09/03/20 09:00||Days 3||£1,395.00|
|Edinburgh||31/08/20 09:00||Days 3||£1,395.00|