PBPMOVFP – Management of Value (MoV) – Foundation and Practitioner
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: PBPMOVFP
- Duration: 4 Days
- Price per delegate: £1,995.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
Management of Value (MoV) has evolved from the tried and successful practice of value management across many sectors and over many years.
The guidance is intended to help organisations use a successful, proven methodology to supplement their current management practices, so that they can increase the value they deliver and make better use of resources.
MoV is all about maximising value in line with the programme and project objectives and the key stakeholder requirements. It is not simply about minimising costs.
Whilst MoV supports the project, portfolio, programme and risk management principles of PRINCE2, MoP, MSP and M_o_R, its main focus is on maximizing value.
All delegates enrolled on virtual course bookings receive a hard copy of course materials sent to a preferred postal address.
There are no pre-requisites for this course although delegates are expected to spend time before the course reading through the pre-course materials and experience in project management is useful.
Delegates must pass the Foundation level to continue on to the Practitioner element of the course.
At the end of this course you will be able to understand a proven methodology comprising a unique set of principles, processes and techniques, and in particular how:
- To clarify their organisation's objectives and value priorities
- MoV can be applied within an operational environment
- To organise and contribute to MoV processes
- The tailoring and embedding of MoV within an organisation can be approached
The course is delivered using a mixture of tutor led time and interactive exercise to apply the concepts and principles being taught.
Introduction to MoV
Delegates are introduced to the world of the Management of Value and to the overall structure of MOV.
- What is value
- What is MoV
- Why it is needed
- Its relationship to other management methods
The 7 MoV Principles
MOV operates within a universal set of principles that can be applied to any environment. These seven principles provide the framework of good practice upon which MOV is based and include:
- Align with organisation's objectives
- Focus on functions and required outcomes
- Balance the variables to maximise value
- Apply throughout the investment decision
- Tailor to suit the subject
- Learn from experience and improve performance
- Assign clear roles and responsibilities and build a supportive culture
The 7 MoV Processes
The seven MOV processes provide a clear plan for implementing the outputs and monitoring their effective delivery.
- Frame the programme or project
- Gather information
- Analyse information
- Process information
- Evaluate and select
- Develop Value Improving Proposals
- Implement and share outputs
This part of the course covers the MoV specific techniques and common techniques that are frequently used with MoV.
The implementation, embedding and need for embedding MOV into an organisation is covered here and includes:
- Planning MoV activities
- Responding to external and internal factor.
- Portfolio, Programme, and Project considerations
- Operational considerations
- Embedding MoV into an organisation
Foundation is a closed book 40 minute multiple choice format exam with 50 questions per paper. A total of 25 marks or more required to pass - 50%.
Practitioner is an open book objective testing format exam with 8 questions per paper and 10 marks available per question.
40 marks or more required to pass - 50%.