GDPRFP – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): Foundation and Practitioner
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: GDPRFP
- Duration: 5 Days
- Price per delegate: £2,795.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
Achieve the EU GDPR Foundation (EU GDPR F) and EU GDPR Practitioner (EU GDPR P) qualifications (both ISO 17024-certificated). Exams included in course.
Learn from the experts how to implement and achieve full compliance with GDPR.
The Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation and Practitioner Combination course consists of the Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (one-day) and Practitioner (four-day) training courses. This unique training programme provides a comprehensive introduction to the requirements of the GDPR, and a practical guide to planning, implementing and maintaining a GDPR compliance programme.
Delivered by an experienced data protection consultant, the course is built on the foundations of our extensive practical experience advising on implementing compliance with data privacy laws and related information security standards such as ISO 27001.
This course also supports professional development: attendees who pass the exams are awarded the ISO 17024-certificated EU GDPR Foundation (EU GDPR F) and EU GDPR Practitioner (EU GDPR P) qualifications by IBITGQ. It is also accredited by the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) and satisfies the IISP Skills Framework requirements at Level 1: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, B2 and C3.
- Business directors or managers who want to understand how the requirements of the GDPR will affect their organisation.
- Managers involved in or responsible for GDPR compliance, such as:
- Privacy managers
- Data protection managers
- Information security managers
- IT managers
- Project managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- General or privacy counsels
- Finance, HR or marketing managers.
- Individuals with a basic knowledge of data protection regulation and practices, and looking to develop their career with a professional qualification.
The Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation and Practitioner Combination course includes:
- Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation
This Foundation-level course provides a complete introduction to the GDPR, and an overview of the key implementation and compliance activities.
What will you learn on this course?
- Essential GDPR background and terminology
- The six data protection principles
- Special categories of personal data
- The rights of data subjects, including data access requests
- The roles of controllers and processors
- Data protection by design
- Securing personal data
- Reporting data breaches
- How to perform a data protection impact assessment (DPIA)
- The data protection officer (DPO) role
- Transferring personal data outside the EU
- The powers of supervisory authorities.
Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Practitioner
This Practitioner-level course is focused on equipping attendees with the knowledge and skills to implement and manage an effective privacy and information security compliance programme under the GDPR.
The course takes a practical approach, using:
- a real-life case study to demonstrate best practices and methodologies
- a DPIA tool to help assess and address privacy risks
- a GDPR compliance gap assessment tool to help prepare a compliance plan.
What will you learn about on this course?
- What constitutes personal data
- Accountability, the privacy compliance framework and PIMS (personal information management system)
- Lessons to be learnt from common data security failures
- The six data protection principles – how to apply them and demonstrate compliance
- Security of personal data
- Organisational risk management framework
- Legal requirements for a DPIA (data protection impact assessment)
- How to conduct a DPIA with a DPIA tool
- Why and how to conduct a data mapping exercise
- The rights of data subjects
- Giving and withdrawing consent
- Handling data subject access requests
- Roles of, and relationships between, controllers and processors
- Transferring personal data outside the EU, and the mechanisms for compliance
- How to prepare for GDPR compliance using a compliance gap assessment tool.
Attendees take the EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (EU GDPR F) and Practitioner (EU GDPR P) examinations consisting of 60-minute and 90-minute multiple-choice exams certificated by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for this exam.
This course is part of our unique EU GDPR learning path, which also includes the Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation training course. It also supports continued professional development programmes by qualifying for 35 CPD/CPE credits.
Please note that all IBITGQ exams are now online exams, so you will need to bring a 'pop-up enabled' laptop/tablet to the venue. Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1-2 days before sitting the exam.