CWS-206 – Citrix Workspace Microapps Essentials
Enquire/Book this course
- Code: CWS-206
- Duration: 3 Days
- Price per delegate: £1,995.00 +VAT
Trained over 60000 delegates
Course delivered by industry expert instructors
Highly competitive pricing
This foundational course to Citrix Workspace intelligence ushers students into the new generation of Citrix teaching how intelligent features help organize, guide, and automate the future of work.
Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of web services, APIs,and systems integrations through building microapps designed to boost employee productivity and optimize the end user experience.
This three-day course will cover the fundamentals of Citrix Microapps, web services, security considerations and API troubleshooting to help you successfully deploy microapps in your environment.
Aimed at IT professionals looking to build and deploy microapps with Citrix Workspace. Potential students include administrators, engineers or application developers, and architects responsible for the Citrix Workspace experience.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Understand Citrix Intelligent Workspace in order to be successful with Citrix microapps.
- Deploy and configure Citrix Intelligent Workspace Microapps as well as the fundamentals of APIs and Systems of Record (SoR) integrations.
- Deploy microapps from existing templates, as well as custom System of Record integrations and microapp deloyment.
This course requires little to no previous experience with web development, APIs, or system integrations, however, Citrix recommends a familiarity with Citrix Digital Workspace or Citrix Cloud prior to attending this course. Those without this experience might consider the CWS-215 Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration as a starting point.
Module 1: Introduction to Citrix Intelligent Workspace with Microapps
- Intelligent Workspace Overview
- Use Cases and Design Considerations
- Feature and Functionality Overview
- Terminology and Key Concepts
Module 2: Citrix Intelligent Workspace Architecture
- Services, components, communication workflows
- Security considerations
- Microapp Service, SoR, DiPs, notification service
Module 3: Microapps & API Essentials
- DIPs, APIs, Restful Web Services, HTTP, XML, JSON, OData-JSON
- Types of microapps – actions, events, etc
- Microapp planning, Out of the box (OOO) microapps
- HTTP microapps
- Custom Microapps high level overview
Module 4: Data Tier
- System of record security considerations
- Endpoint security considerations
- Data models and schemas
Module 5: Microapp Troubleshooting and Security
- Common Microapp troubleshooting
- General API troubleshooting for Workspace intelligence features