You want to make some information available on the Internet. To do this, you might want to design and build a website and upload it. The features and functions in Dreamweaver 8 will enable you create a web page to suit your requirements.
Course Objective: You will describe the basic functions and features of website development using Dreamweaver 8.
Target Student: This course is intended for the web developers and designers who are familiar with working with the Windows 2000 or Windows XP operating systems.
Prerequisites: The user should have an understanding of how to use Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows XP operating systems.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- design a website. You will also explore the Dreamweaver environment and identify the HTML tags in the file.
- define a website. You will also create and save a web page.
- organize site files using the Files panel. You will also create templates that help you develop multiple pages easily.
- add content to a web page.
- identify the different types of links and create them for easy navigation.
- create frames to enhance navigation within a website.
- upload a website.
Lesson 1: Accessing the Internet and Identifying HTML Codes
Topic 1A: Design a Website
Topic 1B: Explore the Dreamweaver Environment
Topic 1C: View and Manage HTML Codes
Lesson 2: Creating a Website
Topic 2A: Define a Website
Topic 2B: Create Basic Web Pages
Topic 2C: Save a Web Page
Lesson 3: Building a Website
Topic 3A: Organize Files and Folders
Topic 3B: Create Templates
Lesson 4: Adding Content to Web Pages
Topic 4A: Format a List
Topic 4B: Insert Images
Topic 4C: Manage Tables
Topic 4D: Create Repeating Region Templates
Lesson 5: Working with Links
Topic 5A: Link Within a Site
Lesson 6: Enhancing the Navigation of a Site
Topic 6A: Create Framesets
Lesson 7: Uploading a Website
Topic 7A: Ensure Accessibility
Topic 7B: Upload Files onto a Site
Appendix A: Mapping Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 Level 1 Course to the Dreamweaver Developer Certification Exam Objectives